Archaelogical Survey of India (ASI) needs following details in advance on the application form for ALL guests:
- Foreigners – SCAN Passport copy with Name, Gender, Passport Number, Age, Nationality
- Indians – Full names with gender, age and scan copy of any ID with photo for all guests.
- ASI shall allot tickets for any batch as per availability. The tickets are issued from the first batch onwards.
- The guests will have to reach Shilpgram parking (near TajMahal) on their own 30 minutes prior alongwith their ticket and identity card / passport (same as registered) and then they shall be taken by ASI escort in a battery van and back. There is no charge for battery van
- The guests are permitted for 30 minutes only inside the TajMahal and entry is ONLY till first Red Sandstone platform of main gate.
- Video cameras, tripod, mobile phones, cigarettes and hand bags are NOT permitted. Only handheld still cameras and binoculars are permitted without any extra charge.
- Free locker service to keep your valuables is available at Shilpgram parking
- During the months of December and January fog is anticipated, Hence the visibility from the platform could be poor
- No refund for tickets if viewing is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- Guides are not allowed and if required separate full ticket as applicable to Indian( Rs 510/- ) shall have to be purchased.